Cleobury Mortimer Golf Club Membership Benefits
• Access to full length 27 hole golf course
• Playing opportunities at all times of the week
• Opportunity to achieve and maintain a handicap
• A range of competitive opportunities
• Access to coaching indoors and outdoors
• Opportunities to progress and develop as a player
• Access to other golf courses through matches, competitions and reciprocals
• Access to practice facilities including large putting green and dedicated short game area
• A well stocked golf shop
• Family, friendly environment
• An opportunity to socialise
• Discount in the clubhouse
• Discount on buggy and trolley hire
• Good for your health- an 18 hole game of golf burns at least 900 calories
• Members can also obtain the County Card, which allows bearers to play discounted golf at 1100 other clubs in England.
The County Card Is Managed By The Worcestershire Union Of Golf Clubs Who Promotes Amateur Golf In Worcestershire.
• Reduced Greenfees at Mile End Golf Club, Burghill Valley Golf Club, Ludlow Golf Club, Knighton Golf Club and Leominster Golf Club.
Golf is good for your health
There’s no better sport for bringing people together and with its winning combination of exercise, sporting skill and social interaction, golf is the perfect tonic for good health and happiness.
This increasingly popular sport is a powerhouse of all the core ingredients that doctors recommend for optimum physical and mental health and wellbeing.
Keeps you active
You will use more energy than you might think: playing 18-holes will burn at least 900 calories, take more than 10,000 steps through walking 4-5 miles and achieve the 150 minutes of exercise a week recommend by the NHS. Golf also offers all the known weight-loss benefits of walking combined with the toning and muscle strengthening that keeps your waistline in check and weight under control.
Connects you with others
With plenty of time for conversation and fun, golf is a great way to meet new people and to spend quality time with friends or family. Friendships are likely to flourish, thanks to the ready-made social life at the clubhouse afterwards. Golf has a unique ability to create networks that will enhance life with friendship and support.It also gives the vital ‘me time’ that is needed to stay happy and healthy.
Reduces stress levels
Outdoor exercise in a green space can help reduce stress levels, enhance mood and even improve your self-esteem. It’s far easier to stick with outdoor exercise, like golf, because it’s more appealing and fun than an indoor workout. The combination of moderate exercise and swinging your clubs will get your blood pumping and trigger the release of natural mood-enhancing chemicals called endorphins that help you feel happier, reduce stress and help you sleep better.
Learn something new
Learning something new can help you gain a sense of achievement, purpose and confidence and can positively effect wellbeing. Golf helps people set targets and achieve them, which can create positive feelings of accomplishment. Learning throughout life is associated with greater satisfaction and optimism that helps to get the most from life.
Improve work-life balance
Juggling work and home life can be tough. However, if you want to stay happy, healthy and well, it’s important to take time out to do something you enjoy. Golf offers you ‘me time’ that helps recharge your batteries. It is also a great antidote for workers who spend long sedentary hours sitting at a desk. Getting out in the fresh air really can do you the world of good – from feeling happier to helping you sleep better.
Helps you live longer, healthier life
Golf’s unique combination of outdoor exercise and social interaction can help you live a longer, healthier life. Indeed, playing golf can increase your life expectancy by up to five years, according to a study from the Karolinska Institute, in Sweden. Regular walking, such as the four hours it typically takes to play a round of golf, can also help ward off dementia, help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.